Information We Collect
We collect both Personal Information and Other Information about visitors to our Site, as described below. For purposes of this Policy, "Personal Information" means information we can directly associate with a specific person without any additional information, such as an email address or phone number. "Other Information" means any information that is not Personal Information. We may combine Other Information and Personal Information, in which case we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
We may also combine Personal Information or Other Information we have about you with additional information that we or third parties collect in other contexts – like when we communicate with you by phone or email or when you sign up for Moment. In those circumstances, we will treat the combined information in accordance with this Policy.
Personal Information. We collect Personal Information from you when you provide it to us using one of the forms on the Site or when you send us an email through the Site. We may collect information such as your:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Company affiliation
- Other information you choose to provide to us in your email or through the free text fields on the form.
Other Information. We also collect Other Information automatically when you visit our Site. This may include information such as your IP address and domain name, your Internet service provider, the time and duration of your visit, how you used the Site (including pages viewed and actions taken), the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Site, your operating system and browser type, your software and hardware attributes, and your general geographic location (for example, your city, state, or metropolitan region). We collect this information using the following technologies:
- Server Logs. When you use the Site, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or applications that recognize your computer and gather information about its online activity.
- Pixel tags. The Site or the emails that you receive from us may use an application known as a "pixel tag" (also known as a "clear gif" or "web beacon"). A pixel tag is an electronic tracking mechanism that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include Personal Information. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
We may partner with certain third parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the information described above. For example, we may allow third parties to set cookies or use pixel tags on the Site or in email communications from us. This information may be used for a variety of purposes, including analytics and targeted advertising, as described in the "Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising" section below.
How We Use Information
We may use Personal and Other Information for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Respond to your requests by email or phone call, to fulfill the terms of any agreement we have with you, or to complete any other transaction that you initiate;
- Send you newsletters, updates, marketing communications and other materials related to our Site;
- Analyze and research user experiences on our Site so that we can improve the user experience and enhance our Site, products, and services;
- Comply with any legal or regulatory requirements or to serve the other legal purposes described below in the section entitled "How We Share Information with Third Parties"; and
- Compile and share aggregated information.
We use Other Information for a few additional purposes, including to:
- Count and recognize visitors to the Site, and analyze how visitors use the Site;
- Engage in analytics or targeted advertising as described in the "Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising" section below; and
- For any other business purpose permitted by law, including any purpose for which we use Personal Information.
How We Share Information with Third Parties
We may share Personal and Other Information with third parties for a variety of purposes, as described below:
Affiliates. We may share information with our corporate affiliates for any of the purposes described in this Policy.
Business partners. We also may share your Personal or Other Information with our business partners to fulfill your requests for services; complete a transaction that you initiate; or meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our business partners.
Third-party service providers. We use third-party service providers to help us manage and improve our Site. These service providers may collect or use your Personal or Other Information to assist us in achieving the purposes described in this Policy. For example, we may use third parties to collect information about visitors to our Site and report it to us.
Legal purposes. We also may use or share your Personal or Other Information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, request from government or law enforcement, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
De-identified or aggregated information. We may also share de-identified or aggregated information about Site users, such as by creating reports on trends in the usage of the Site.
Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising
The Site may also enable third-party tracking mechanisms to collect Other Information over time and across unaffiliated websites for use in online behavioral advertising. For example, third parties may use the fact that you visited the Site to target online ads for Moment services to you on non-Moment websites. In addition, our third-party advertising partners might use information about your use of the Site to help target non-Moment advertisements based on your online behavior in general. For information about behavioral advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website or the Digital Advertising Alliance website.
The use of online tracking mechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, and not this Policy. If you prefer to prevent third parties from setting and accessing cookies on your computer, you may set your browser to block cookies. Additionally, you may remove yourself from the targeted advertising of companies within the Network Advertising Initiative by opting out here, or of companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance program by opting out here. Our website currently does not respond to "do not track" browser headers.
Our Site uses commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal and Other Information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. However, no security program is foolproof and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal or other information.
Reviewing and updating your information
If you want to learn more about the information we have about you, or you would like to update or change that information, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
If you would no longer like to receive e-mail marketing communications from us, please follow the "unsubscribe" instructions that are include at the bottom of each message. Please note that if you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, you will continue to receive non-marketing, administrative emails from us about Moment.
Information for Site users from outside the United States
The Personal and Other Information we collect through or in connection with the Site is transferred to and processed in the United States for the purposes described above. We may also subcontract the processing of your data, or otherwise share your data with, affiliates or third parties in the United States or countries other than your country of residence. The data-protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. By accepting this Policy, using the Site, or providing information us, you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 13, and Moment does not knowingly collect Personal or Other Information through the Site from anyone it knows is under the age of 13.
Changes to this Policy
We may change the Site or our data-handling practices in the future and therefore need to revise this Policy. We will post the revised Policy with an "effective date" that indicates when the revisions take effect. We encourage you to review this page periodically.
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices or this Policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by mail at:
Moment, PO Box 332, San Mateo, California 94401, USA